What have I been thinking about lately?
- Lindsay Lohan and how everyone is so mean to her. Stop being so mean to LiLo! She’s dealing with the pressures of stardom and the ready availability of booze and drugs!
- The Millenium Falcon, Han Solo and Chewbacca’s space ship. I had a dream the other night where I owned that ship, and the first thing I wanted to do was take all my friends for a ride, but nobody was home. I have no idea what that means, other than thinking it was really cool to be piloting the Falcon. Oh, and I was watching the original “Star Wars” with a friend the other night.
- When I ask for “room for cream” in my large (20 oz) coffee, I want room to add cream to the damned cup. I’m not talking about a bare 1/8″ of space between the top of the liquid and the top of the cup! I mean some friggin’ room! Like at least a 1/2″.
- I love my Chucks, even though they provide little to no support for my feet. I still love them, even though my feet get cold and wet when it rains. I just love them.
- I think that my restlessness lately stems from a basic metaphor: that movement equals progress. Because we live with the logic of movement and because our brains connect the logic of movement and journeys to the abstract concepts of progress and its lack (stagnation), if I’m just sittin’ around the house watchin’ teevee, the metaphor kicks in and triggers a feeling of guilt in me for not, y’know, doing something – i.e., not moving. It’s stupid but I can’t change it, at least not quickly.
…huh. I thought I’d have more of a list. I guess not.